I typically don't like to write much on my blog but thought I would drop a quick line. Taylor had his one year check up last week. He did well. He was still in the 90th percentile. He received three vaccines and we went on our way. That night, he woke up about 11:30 pm which is very unusual for him. He became violently ill. Since I thought it was a reaction to his vaccines we took him to the ER. We were in the ER until about 3 am. They gave him medicine to slow down his vomitting. Taylor did get other symptoms the next two days which the pediatrician indicates he had a bad bug that he probably picked up several days prior. Taylor wouldn't eat for about two days and only drank pedialyte and water. He didn't like the apple juice probably because his mom never gave it to him. =) Anyway, he is doing much better. His appetite is not quite what it was. But it could also be the fact that he is now WALKING!! I arrived home from a business trip to find my son walking. I was very sad that I missed seeing it for the first time with Tommy but am very happy for Taylor. It's like a light went on all the sudden and he decided he could do it. He was walking along furniture and walls for months but didn't feel confident to do it on his own. We did not push him at all either. We wanted him to do it on his own time. But, his time was when his Mom was out of town.
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers when Taylor was sick. Much appreciated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment